Our NHS and Cubs C.R.E.W are doing a food drive for Childhood Hunger Awareness. See Below list of what students can bring to help support. We are going to donate all our items we collect to Mercy West.
Teachers will have cardboard boxes for kids to put donations that they bring in front of their classrooms.
Class Prizes for Donations
- Elementary classes will compete against each other, the winner will get 15 minutes extra recess. The NHS will run the extra recess.
- Junior High will compete against each other, the winner will get extra spirit points.
- High School will compete against each other, the winner will get extra spirit points.
List of Items to Bring
*Please make sure the items are not expired.
- Baking items (Cookie and cake mixes, frosting, Jell-0, baking soda, flour, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, etc.) 10 points
- Boxed items (Rice-a-Roni, potatoes, Hamburger Helper, and rice mixes) 10 points
- Canned chicken 5 points
- Cereal 5 points
- Crackers 3 points
- Fruit (canned) 2 points per can
- Oatmeal (Regular) 5 points
- Pasta 3 points
- Ramen 1 point per package
- Rice 5 points
- Soup (Condensed or chunky) 3 points
- Spaghetti sauce 5 points
- Vegetables (Fresh or canned) 2 points per can
- Egg cartons-cardboard, or Styrofoam 1 point
- Any other type of canned food