Children need healthy meals to learn.  Big Sandy School offers healthy meals every school day.  Lunch costs $2.65 for elementary and $2.90 for secondary. (See Board Policies EF , EF-E-1 and EFEA for further information)

Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals.  The reduced price is $.40 for lunch. (See Board Policy EFC for further information)

*Students in preschool through 5th grade who qualify for reduced meals will receive lunch at no charge.*

Complete one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household.   We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.

Application packets are available at the school or by downloading the packet from our website.

Return the completed application to:

Big Sandy School
PO Box 68
Simla, Colorado 80835
**Please Note that for up to 30 operating days into the new school year, eligibility from the last year will continue.  When this carry-over period ends, unless the household is notified that their children are directly certified or the household submits an application that is approved, the children must pay full price for school meals and the school will not send a reminder notice or a notice of expired eligibility.
Hot Lunch Staff
Hot Lunch Non-Discrimination Notice
Free & Reduced meals FAQ
Use of Information Statement