Welcome to Big Sandy School’s Website
The Big Sandy School shall strive to provide a safe environment for all students and staff in which to foster the best education possible for all students. The school district will encourage, guide and assist the student to:
- achieve his/her highest academic potential as well as the continuing desire to learn and excel.
- reach his/her potential mentally, emotionally and physically.
- develop and maintain a positive self concept.
- recognize the value of setting goals, making commitments, and realizing the dignity of work.
- value and respect the ideals of American culture, heritage and democracy, and accept the responsibilities of citizenship.
- meet the demands of and contribute to a rapidly changing society.
- 2018 US News, Simla High School a Best High School in Colorado and Nationally (In Colorado one of top 72 High Schools out of 420 High Schools).
- Simla Elementary, Simla Junior High and Simla High School all received Colorado Department of Education’s highest ranking of “Performance” again.
- Simla School District “Accredited with Distinction” in 2017, 2018 & 2019. (CDE’s highest ranking for school districts)
- Simla Elementary and Junior High received the 2017 & 2019 John Irwin Award for Academic achievement over time.
- Simla Junior High and Elementary received the 2018 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement.
- Simla High School received the 2017 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement