Welcome to Big Sandy School’s Website
Normal Operations impacted by COVID-19 Implications
Please view our latest updates and online resources below as we all navigate the many & varied impacts of COVID-19.
View the Latest Updates:
Library Online Resource List
Visit our Library Page to find a list of free, online resources and to receive the access codes for those services that require login.
COVID-19 Resources & Fact Sheets
The following websites and fact sheets from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and for the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment are good sources of informaiton:
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Big Sandy School shall strive to provide a safe environment for all students and staff in which to foster the best education possible for all students. The school district will encourage, guide and assist the student to:
- achieve his/her highest academic potential as well as the continuing desire to learn and excel.
- reach his/her potential mentally, emotionally and physically.
- develop and maintain a positive self concept.
- recognize the value of setting goals, making commitments, and realizing the dignity of work.
- value and respect the ideals of American culture, heritage and democracy, and accept the responsibilities of citizenship.
- meet the demands of and contribute to a rapidly changing society.
- 2018 US News, Simla High School a Best High School in Colorado and Nationally (In Colorado one of top 72 High Schools out of 420 High Schools).
- Simla Elementary, Simla Junior High and Simla High School all received Colorado Department of Education’s highest ranking of “Performance” again.
- Simla School District “Accredited with Distinction” in 2017, 2018 & 2019. (CDE’s highest ranking for school districts)
- Simla Elementary and Junior High received the 2017 & 2019 John Irwin Award for Academic achievement over time.
- Simla Junior High and Elementary received the 2018 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement.
- Simla High School received the 2017 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement