Welcome to Big Sandy School’s Website
Extended School Closure to Proactively limit Coronavirus Spread
Big Sandy School District 100J joins Pikes Peak area school districts in closing all school facilities until April 20, 2020.
Adjusted delivery of instruction, support and lunch services to resume on March 31st.
- Grab and Go Lunch Services & Paper Packet Deliveries to Students
- Online Instruction, Grab and Go Lunch services to begin March 31st
- 2020 Census – Options to Respond
Library Online Resource List
Visit our Library Page to find a list of free, online resources and to receive the access codes for those services that require login.
COVID-19 Resources & Fact Sheets
The following websites and fact sheets from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and for the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment are good sources of informaiton:
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Big Sandy School shall strive to provide a safe environment for all students and staff in which to foster the best education possible for all students. The school district will encourage, guide and assist the student to:
- achieve his/her highest academic potential as well as the continuing desire to learn and excel.
- reach his/her potential mentally, emotionally and physically.
- develop and maintain a positive self concept.
- recognize the value of setting goals, making commitments, and realizing the dignity of work.
- value and respect the ideals of American culture, heritage and democracy, and accept the responsibilities of citizenship.
- meet the demands of and contribute to a rapidly changing society.
- 2018 US News, Simla High School a Best High School in Colorado and Nationally (In Colorado one of top 72 High Schools out of 420 High Schools).
- Simla Elementary, Simla Junior High and Simla High School all received Colorado Department of Education’s highest ranking of “Performance” again.
- Simla School District “Accredited with Distinction” in 2017, 2018 & 2019. (CDE’s highest ranking for school districts)
- Simla Elementary and Junior High received the 2017 & 2019 John Irwin Award for Academic achievement over time.
- Simla Junior High and Elementary received the 2018 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement.
- Simla High School received the 2017 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement