Welcome to Big Sandy School’s Website
The Big Sandy School shall strive to provide a safe environment for all students and staff in which to foster the best education possible for all students. The school district will encourage, guide and assist the student to:
- achieve his/her highest academic potential as well as the continuing desire to learn and excel.
- reach his/her potential mentally, emotionally and physically.
- develop and maintain a positive self concept.
- recognize the value of setting goals, making commitments, and realizing the dignity of work.
- value and respect the ideals of American culture, heritage and democracy, and accept the responsibilities of citizenship.
- meet the demands of and contribute to a rapidly changing society.
- 2022 Colorado Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Simla Junior High for Exceptional Student Growth
- In 2022, Simla Elementary School, Simla Junior High School, and Simla High School all received the state’s highest ranking of “Performance.”
In 2020 and 2021, because of COVID, the state did not rank schools.
- 2018 US News, Simla High School a Best High School in Colorado and Nationally (In Colorado one of top 72 High Schools out of 420 High Schools).
- Simla School District “Accredited with Distinction” in 2017, 2018 & 2019. (CDE’s highest ranking for school districts)
- Simla Elementary and Junior High received the 2017 & 2019 John Irwin Award for Academic achievement over time.
- Simla Junior High and Elementary received the 2018 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement.
- Simla High School received the 2017 Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award for Academic Achievement