Hi Junior High and High School Students & Parents/Guardians,
We need your help! ☺ After developing our pick up plan for the end of the year—we came across some issues with sports and PE lockers clean out so we have come up with a new plan for locker room locker clean out.
Academic Locker Clean out Remains the Same
We will be following the same plan for academic locker clean out. Teachers and staff will be cleaning out those lockers and bagging everything up for pick up.
If your Locker has a Lock on it:
Also, if your locker has a LOCK on it, please email me the combination so that we can open your locker, pack up your belongings for you, and return both your belongings and lock to you.
If the lock belongs to the school, we will return it to the office so that you can get your money back from borrowing the lock.
If your lock requires a key, please let me know that as well and put your key in an envelope with your first and last name on it along with the title “Locker Key”, and either drop it off in the lunch pick up line tomorrow, Thursday, May 14th or in the school drop box by 9 AM on Tuesday, May 19th.
If we do not have your lock combination or key by 9 AM on Tuesday, May 19th we will be cutting off your lock and if the lock belongs to the school you will not be getting your money back.
Gym Locker Clean To Be done on same Pick Up dates
When you come on either Tuesday, May 26 or Wednesday, May 27 to pick up your school belongings, that is when you will clean your gym locker out.
After picking up your belongings you will pull around to the north side of the school building and park alongside the driveway—there will be teachers along the north side of the building to help direct you where to park.
Entry & Instructions for Gym Locker Clean Out
- If you are in the junior high girl’s locker room you will go in the door labeled #1, high school girls and boys will go in the door labeled #2, and junior high boys will go in the door labeled #3.
- One student will be allowed to enter at a time, and you must wear a mask when you enter the locker room.
- All doors will be propped open and the teacher will let you know when you can enter the locker room.
- You will need to wash your hands as soon as you enter the locker room. After washing your hands, you will then go to your locker to clean it out.
- You will need to bring your own bags to clean your gym locker.
- We will have a tub in each locker room for you to place any school sports jerseys or athletic gear in.
- When you are done cleaning your locker you will wash your hands and exit the locker room through the same door you entered.
- We ask that you promptly clean out your locker so that the next person can come in the locker room.
Alternate appointments for those unable to come on May 26th or 27th
If you are unable to pick up your belongings or clean your gym locker you will need to notify Mrs. Swennes by May 29 to make an alternate appointment.
Thank you so much for all of your help!
Again, you will be able to pick up your belongings on May 26th and May 27th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. for ALL secondary students.
High school bags will be placed outside the admin doors by the gym, and junior high bags will be placed outside the main entrance doors.
All you need to do to pick up is to drive through the circular driveway and a staff member will place the items in your car during that time.
After this they will direct you to clean out your gym locker.
If you are unable to pick up your belongings during that time, you will need to call the main office, 541-2291, to arrange pick up by May 29.
Any belongings not picked up after May 29th will be donated or placed in the trash depending on the items.
Thanks again for all of your support to end the school year in such chaos. We appreciate each and every one of you and are proud of how the Big Sandy Community and School joined together to make the best of this school year.
Departments: Secondary Principal